MRPL: Plans 103 retail outlets by 2013
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL), a subsidiary of state-run explorer
July 28, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL), a subsidiary of state-run explorerOil and Natural Gas Corporation, has announced its plans to open 103 retail outlets byMarch 2013.
The company has given green signal to go ahead with the plans to open more fuelstations.
The company has approval in place since 2006 to set up 500 retail outlets but at presentonly two are operating under the HiQ brand.
Elaborating further, MRPL Managing Director U K Basu said the company would open28 outlets during the financial year 2011-12 and another 95 outlets by March 2013.The company is in the process of exploring the sites including Shell India which isoffering 20 of its 80 operational retail outlets and 20 sites to set up such outlets.
With MRPL foray into the marketing segment the companies would add up to nine.Currently there are three public sector companies-- Indian Oil Corporation, BharatPetroleum Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation -- and another five with fuelmarketing.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category