Majid Al Futtaim has announced an investment in Wadi Group which operates Wadi Grocery
Carrefour will become Wadi Grocery’s long term strategic partner for supplying food and non-food groceriesOctober 31, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
UAE-based retail giant Majid Al Futtaim has announced an investment in Wadi Group which operates Wadi Grocery, the fastest growing online grocery delivery platform in Saudi Arabia. The investment in Wadi is part of a $30 million funding round that will help fuel Wadi Grocery’s growth, a statement said.
As part of the agreement, Carrefour will become Wadi Grocery’s long term strategic partner for supplying food and non-food groceries.The partnership will provide customers access to over 12,000 products, delivered within a two-hour window on the platform, the statement added.
Wadi Grocery is currently operational in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam, and will gradually extend to customers in all cities throughout the kingdom where Carrefour operates.
Hani Weiss, CEO at Majid Al Futtaim - Retail, said: “Saudi Arabia is a strategically important market for Majid Al Futtaim, and we are constantly looking for ways to expand in the Kingdom and serve our growing client base beyond our existing stores.
"Wadi Grocery provides a full ecosystem of enabling services including an in-house ‘last mile’ delivery network, and our investment in the platform will bring us closer to customers where we don’t have physical presence and fulfill their demand more efficiently.”
Ankit Wadhwa co-founder and managing director of Wadi, said: “We believe that the two key drivers for success in the e-grocery market are a wide, price-competitive assortment and fast, reliable delivery.
"With Carrefour we have the best partner to bring e-grocery to every household in the kingdom and beyond."
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores