Manthan gets $15mn funding from NVP
Series C funding will focus on retail analytics.February 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Manthan Systems, a leading provider of Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics solutions for the retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industries, has secured $15 million in Series C funding from Norwest Venture Partners (NVP).
“Our deep focus on retail analytics, business intelligence and the customer is what has helped us create some of the most innovative products in the BI and analytics space. In addition, we have always been heedful of the fact that the sophisticated analytics we create need to be easy to adopt, deploy and use,” said Atul Jalan, Founder & CEO, Manthan Systems.
“Manthan Systems has done an incredible job of building products that produce significant results for its clients. The company has focused on retail and CPG customers, resulting in impressive growth and increased market share,” said Mohan Kumar, Executive Director, NVP India.
Manthan plans to use this round of funding to help retailers gain a distinct advantage over the competition. In the next year, Manthan is looking to launch several new products as well as acquire organisations. The intent is to launch products in adjacent markets and leverage the power of cloud computing and SaaS. Manthan is also enabling mobility for all its products, including ARC, which is already iPad enabled.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India