Marico to enter skincare market
The skincare products will be launched under the Parachute Advanced umbrella
September 05, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hair oil and edible oil maker Marico will enter the Rs 4,500-crore skincare market in the country by extending its 2 decade old coconut hair oil brand, Parachute, to body lotion and other skincare products, according to some company sources.
The body lotion will be at an entry-level pricing to compete in the mass segment. The company has carried out a low-key test exercise in the east, and a wider rollout in select cities is expected in a few weeks from now.
The company will enter the cluttered skincare market under the Parachute Advanced umbrella and compete with Hindustan Unilever's Vaseline and Pond's, German company Beiersdorf's Nivea, L'Oreal's Garnier and Johnson & Johnson's Neutrogena among others.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India