Marico to enter skincare market
The skincare products will be launched under the Parachute Advanced umbrella
September 05, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hair oil and edible oil maker Marico will enter the Rs 4,500-crore skincare market in the country by extending its 2 decade old coconut hair oil brand, Parachute, to body lotion and other skincare products, according to some company sources.
The body lotion will be at an entry-level pricing to compete in the mass segment. The company has carried out a low-key test exercise in the east, and a wider rollout in select cities is expected in a few weeks from now.
The company will enter the cluttered skincare market under the Parachute Advanced umbrella and compete with Hindustan Unilever's Vaseline and Pond's, German company Beiersdorf's Nivea, L'Oreal's Garnier and Johnson & Johnson's Neutrogena among others.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021