Maruti Suzuki sales up 33% in June
Exports grow 58%; domestic sales over 31% in the monthJuly 01, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: Country's largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) today reported a 33.5% increase in its total sales for June at 1,12,773 units as against 84,455 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales rose by 31.1% during the month to 1,00,964 units as against 77,002 units in June 2013.
Sales of mini segment cars, including M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, rose by 52.1% to 47,618 units as compared to 31,314 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz rose by 6.2% to 22,293 units in June this year as against 20,996 units in the same month a year ago.
MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire rose by 27.4% during the month under review at 15,990 units as against 12548 units in June 2013.
The sales of company's mid-sized sedan SX4 rose by 2.5% to 322 units in June as against 314 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, rose marginally at 5,003 units in June this year from 4,997 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans - Omni and Eeco - increased by 42.5% to 9,738 units in June this year as compared to 6,833 units in the same period of the previous year.
Exports during the month rose by 58.4% to 11,809 units as compared to 7,453 units in June last year, MSI said.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021