Maruti's 2nd plant in Gujarat
The car maker has acquired 600 acres of land and will invest Rs 4,000 cr.December 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Maruti Suzuki has revealed that the company is speeding up the process to open the second manufacturing unit in Gujarat. The company has acquired 600 acres, located 40 km from the first site near Mehsana.
The details of when the construction will be started are still not disclosed. The decision to start another manufacturing unit in Gujarat is looked as a result of the labour unrest at the Gurgaon plant earlier this year.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years