Maternity stores in the making
Mahindra Retail sets up first 'Destination Maternity' store.May 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
'Destination Maternity' is now growing beyond Mom & Me stores with the launch of its first ‘Destination maternirty’ store opened at Gurgaon. In a move to tap the growing maternity market, more exclusive outlets are on the cards.
Mahindra Retail had signed a master franchisee agreement with the US-based Destination Maternity Corporation. Operating under the shop-in-shop format since 2009 within Mom & Me stores, the company has decided to now open exclusive stores. Moving ahead, they will be looking at big locations like Mumbai and Bangalore.
At present Mahindra Retail operates a total of 77 Mom & Me stores, with Destination Maternity shop-in-shops. Destination Maternity stores house maternity apparel under under the labels -Motherhood Maternity, Kriti Maternity and A Pea in the Pod.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay