Maternity stores in the making
Mahindra Retail sets up first 'Destination Maternity' store.May 17, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
'Destination Maternity' is now growing beyond Mom & Me stores with the launch of its first ‘Destination maternirty’ store opened at Gurgaon. In a move to tap the growing maternity market, more exclusive outlets are on the cards.
Mahindra Retail had signed a master franchisee agreement with the US-based Destination Maternity Corporation. Operating under the shop-in-shop format since 2009 within Mom & Me stores, the company has decided to now open exclusive stores. Moving ahead, they will be looking at big locations like Mumbai and Bangalore.
At present Mahindra Retail operates a total of 77 Mom & Me stores, with Destination Maternity shop-in-shops. Destination Maternity stores house maternity apparel under under the labels -Motherhood Maternity, Kriti Maternity and A Pea in the Pod.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021