Matrix to invest Rs 60 crore in TCNS
Matrix Partners India has recently announced an investment of Rs 60 crore in TCNS Clothing Company Pvt Ltd as the sole
October 31, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Matrix Partners India has recently announced an investment of Rs 60 crore in TCNS Clothing Company Pvt Ltd as the sole investor in the first institutional round of funding. The company, promoted by O.S Pasricha and A.S Pasricha, manufactures and markets "W", the leading contemporary women’s wear brand in the country. At present, the brand is marketed by around 100 exclusive brand outlets in more than 40 cities and over 600 points of sale across all leading multi-brand outlets and large format stores.
“The women's apparel market is at an inflection point and W is well poised to capitalise on the opportunity. In Matrix we found a meeting of minds and ambition. W will benefit greatly from their market knowledge and the management expertise of the partners, especially Amit Kapoor who has joined our Board,” said OS Pasricha, Chairman, TCNS Clothing Company Pvt Ltd.
“The capital will be deployed for scaling up operations. There hasn’t been a better time for women’s wear market which is growing at an astounding rate. The working women population is on a rise, double income families are becoming common, Tier II and III towns fast catching up with the metro cities and the Indian woman consumer is showing an ever-increasing appetite for fashion products. This coupled with an enhanced platter of fashion brands and quality retail space is sure to explode consumption in this segment. We know it’s a big opportunity and are gearing up to make the most of it,” said Anant Daga, CEO, TCNS Clothing Company Pvt Ltd.
"Indian women’s wear market is large, unorganised and untapped. Being a leading women’s wear brand, W is well positioned to capitalise on this opportunity. They have an excellent management team with strong domain expertise, and their brand is backed by a creative design team and rigorous systems and processes. We are very excited about this partnership and look forward to a long term association with the company towards achieving greater successes,” said Amit Kapoor, Managing Director, Matrix India.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021