Maya Appliances looking at strong hold in other categories as well
The Rs 300-crore Maya Appliances Pvt Ltd, makers of the Preethi brand of mixies, is looking to replicate the strong growth and market leadership it has achieved in mixer-grinders, in other categories
February 19, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Rs 300-crore Maya Appliances Pvt Ltd, makers of the Preethi brand of mixies, is looking to replicate the strong growth and market leadership it has achieved in mixer-grinders, in other categories of household appliances that it has entered such as induction cooktops, steam irons, coffee makers and electric kettles.
The Preethi brand has sold 1.3 million pieces in the current year and is the dominant player in the market with a 25 per cent share of the Rs 1,000 crore mixer-grinder market nationally and 45 per cent share of the southern market. Tamil Nadu is the largest market for mixer-grinders and Preethi has a 60 per cent share of the market.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG