Maya Appliances looking at strong hold in other categories as well
The Rs 300-crore Maya Appliances Pvt Ltd, makers of the Preethi brand of mixies, is looking to replicate the strong growth and market leadership it has achieved in mixer-grinders, in other categories
February 19, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Rs 300-crore Maya Appliances Pvt Ltd, makers of the Preethi brand of mixies, is looking to replicate the strong growth and market leadership it has achieved in mixer-grinders, in other categories of household appliances that it has entered such as induction cooktops, steam irons, coffee makers and electric kettles.
The Preethi brand has sold 1.3 million pieces in the current year and is the dominant player in the market with a 25 per cent share of the Rs 1,000 crore mixer-grinder market nationally and 45 per cent share of the southern market. Tamil Nadu is the largest market for mixer-grinders and Preethi has a 60 per cent share of the market.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear