McCain to double retail presence
To expand product portfolio.April 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
McCain Foods Limited, the US-based $6 bn frozen foods company, has planned to double its retail distribution in India every year. The company is present in 60 cities through 5,500 stores which includes both modern trade and kirana shops. It aims to double its growth every year from now on.
The company indulges in various awareness programmes like demonstrating products at kitty parties and also education programmes. It has also recently unveiled its TVC, which is being telecast on all leading channels.
In terms of product portfolio, the company has launched its new offering – frozen Idli Sambar combo – aimed at women who don’t have time to indulge in the cumbersome process of preparing Idli Sambar. “We will be expanding our portfolio by launching more products based on rice, lentils, soya and paneer.”
Mc Cain, which currently works with 1,200 contract farmers in Gujarat, has a manufacturing facility in Mehsana, Gujarat, where it processes about 40,000 tonnes of potatoes every year, which the company is likely to expand further. The facility was set up in 2007 and in 2011 capacities were expanded.
McCain entered the Indian market in 1998 as a supplier to Wimpy's.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2