Megamart inks licensee agreement with lifestyle brand Cherokee
Arvind Limited, has signed an exclusive licensee agreement with Cherokee Inc.
September 26, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Arvind Limited, the leading textile manufacturer and apparel retailer, has signed an exclusive licensee agreement with Cherokee Inc. to retail its lifestyle brand Cherokee. Cherokee has alliance with major global retailers like Target Stores, Tesco Plc, TJX Companies, Zellers (Hudson Bay Company) and Pick’n Pay. Cherokee’s principal focus is global ‘retail direct’ licensing. Cherokee Inc., based in Van Nuys, is a marketer, licensor and manager of a variety of brands it owns, including Cherokee, Sideout, Carole Little and others, and represents. Currently, Cherokee has licensing agreements in a number of categories, including family apparel, fashion accessories and footwear, as well as home furnishings and recreational products. Commenting on this partnership, Mr. J Suresh, CEO-Brands & Retail, Arvind Ltd said, “We are very excited to have the opportunity to license the Cherokee brand for India. Cherokee is one of the fastest growing family brands worldwide and with our experience of working with international brands and knowledge of the Indian retail environment; we are confident that Cherokee will soon be one of the largest family lifestyle brands across India. Cherokee will be exclusively available at Megamart”. Megamart and Megamart Outlet Centre, a larger format, are the two retail formats from Arvind Ltd. Megamart operates through value retail concept. According to Larry Sass, Executive Vice President & Managing Director, Business Development, Cherokee Inc., “India is one of the fastest growing economies around the world. This provides Cherokee with tremendous growth potential. This relationship with Arvind & Megamart is a huge step towards our ‘World Branding’ objective.” Megamart and Megamart Outlet Centre, a larger format, are the two retail formats from Arvind Ltd. Megamart operates through value retail concept.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWebâ€™s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi