Megha Mittal to buy European fashion house Escada
Megha Mittal, daughter-in-law of India-born billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, will buy insolvent Escada, an iconic European luxury fashion house, for an undisclosed amount.
November 07, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Megha Mittal, daughter-in-law of India-born billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, will buy insolvent Escada, an iconic European luxury fashion house, for an undisclosed amount. Megha Mittal today confirmed that her bid for Escada has been accepted. "Our first priority is to ensure that the great heritage of this iconic company is translated into a strong and successful future," she said. Escada, an international fashion group for has 182 company-owned and 225 franchised stores in more than 60 countries. Earlier, in August Escada, filed for insolvency after declining that the sales had a negative impact on the balance sheet of the company. "Despite recent difficulties, Escada has the potential to re-define its place in the world of luxury brands and become synonymous with fine quality and elegance," Mittal said. The board of management (of Escada) and the new investor (Megha Mittal) have agreed to co-operate on the basis of the business strategy launched in mid-2008 securing continuity of the operative business, Escada said in a statement. "The insolvency administrator of Escada AG has signed a sale and transfer agreement with one of the Mittal Family Trusts," Escada said, adding that the preliminary creditors' committee has approved the transaction.
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform