Men doll up!
HUL, Garnier, Nivea, Emami looking for a piece of market share
November 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Men’s grooming market which includes face cleansers, hair gels, deodorants and shaving products-is estimated around 1500 crore.
According to industry players, the men face care and cleansing segment across metros is estimated at 77 crores, while the deodorants segment in Indian metros is estimated at 340 crore with three fourth characterized by male products.
Fair and Axe are on top in face cream and deodorant categories followed by Paras Pharma, Nivea, Garnier and HUL’s own brand Vaseline Men. The market has been growing at the rate of 20% and expects the market to double in 3 years. P & G recently announced Olay to extend to men category.. Nivea has 155 of its personal care revenues coming from men’s products while fair and Handsome accounts for 10% of Emami’s personal care revenues. Analysts say there is room for more products
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years