Men doll up!
HUL, Garnier, Nivea, Emami looking for a piece of market share
November 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Men’s grooming market which includes face cleansers, hair gels, deodorants and shaving products-is estimated around 1500 crore.
According to industry players, the men face care and cleansing segment across metros is estimated at 77 crores, while the deodorants segment in Indian metros is estimated at 340 crore with three fourth characterized by male products.
Fair and Axe are on top in face cream and deodorant categories followed by Paras Pharma, Nivea, Garnier and HUL’s own brand Vaseline Men. The market has been growing at the rate of 20% and expects the market to double in 3 years. P & G recently announced Olay to extend to men category.. Nivea has 155 of its personal care revenues coming from men’s products while fair and Handsome accounts for 10% of Emami’s personal care revenues. Analysts say there is room for more products
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India