Metro Shoes on expansion spree
Aims for 859 cr turnover in current fiscalSeptember 09, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Metro Shoes is one of the largest footwear retailers in India. As per their rapid expansion plan the company is planning to reach a mark of 341 showrooms by March 2014 with total turnover crossing INR 859 crores. This was informed by company’s spokesperson in an official release. Currently, the company has 200+ stores in over 55+ cities. The company's current turnover is Rs 666 crores. The company operates through a MBO format across Tier I, II and III markets in the country. Moreover, the company has recently introduced of Metro Accessories with an aim to gain a larger share of market in the consumer fashion accessories and footwear space.
In a separate development, Metro Shoes has recently opened its fifth store in Calcutta. Speaking on development, Customers today are looking for exclusive options that match the latest fashion trends with best quality and best price. Metro Shoes now gives them an opportunity to shop for all their needs under one roof”. Spread across the area of 1568 sq. ft, the newly inaugurated store features more than 10,900 pairs of ladies’, men’s and kid’s shoes.
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores