Metro Shoes to create a niche in tier-II cities
Metro Shoes, a fashion footwear retailer, is all set to make its presence in tier II cities in order to tap the market potential. Spread across 33 cities, the company has two other retail brands -Moch
April 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Metro Shoes, a fashion footwear retailer, is all set to make its presence in tier II cities in order to tap the market potential. Spread across 33 cities, the company has two other retail brands -Mochi and More Shoes for Less (MSL).
The retailer will launch its store in Raipur's Magneto mall in the next two months. Metro Shoes is also eyeing high streets in Allahabad and Guwahati for expansion. The store in Guwahati will be opened on GS Road, while the one in Allahabad on Sardar Patel Marg.
Rafique Malik, MD, Metro Shoes, said that Tier II and III cities have tremendous potential as people in these cities are brand conscious. The look of the stores in these areas will be no different from stores in Mumbai or Delhi.
He added that the competition is less as there are not many fashion footwear retailers, the company wants to carve their name in the areas.
Rafique Malik, MD, Metro Shoes, said the retailer will open 50 stores in 2010, which will come up in metros as well as tier II and III cities.
Offering a mix of Indian and international designs, the retailer's turnover last fiscal exceeded Rs 285 crore.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group