Metro Shoes to create a niche in tier-II cities
Metro Shoes, a fashion footwear retailer, is all set to make its presence in tier II cities in order to tap the market potential. Spread across 33 cities, the company has two other retail brands -Moch
April 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Metro Shoes, a fashion footwear retailer, is all set to make its presence in tier II cities in order to tap the market potential. Spread across 33 cities, the company has two other retail brands -Mochi and More Shoes for Less (MSL).
The retailer will launch its store in Raipur's Magneto mall in the next two months. Metro Shoes is also eyeing high streets in Allahabad and Guwahati for expansion. The store in Guwahati will be opened on GS Road, while the one in Allahabad on Sardar Patel Marg.
Rafique Malik, MD, Metro Shoes, said that Tier II and III cities have tremendous potential as people in these cities are brand conscious. The look of the stores in these areas will be no different from stores in Mumbai or Delhi.
He added that the competition is less as there are not many fashion footwear retailers, the company wants to carve their name in the areas.
Rafique Malik, MD, Metro Shoes, said the retailer will open 50 stores in 2010, which will come up in metros as well as tier II and III cities.
Offering a mix of Indian and international designs, the retailer's turnover last fiscal exceeded Rs 285 crore.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG