Mexus Education announces retail foray with ‘Iken’
Mexus Education, an education innovations enterprise, announces
July 14, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mexus Education, an education innovations enterprise, announces their strategic foray in education retail with the launch of Iken Store, India’s first edutainment store, in Mumbai today. This will be the first store launch in Mumbai, in a chain of branded stores across India, which will feature innovative educational products under the brand name ‘Iken’.
The concept of Iken Store is poised to introduce the realm of ‘edutainment’ to Indian audience. It aims to redefine the way India studies. Mexus Education is committed in creating a state-of-the-art learning experience for all learners. Starting with 7 flagship Iken stores in the next 5 months, the company plans to step up to 500 Iken Stores pan India in next 3 years through mix of company owned and company operated (COCO) stores and Franchise Owned Stores. In total, the company will open its own in Delhi, Vapi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Indore apart from Mumbai during this financial year.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Saurabh Saxena, Director, Mexus Education, said, “Iken Store will establish our presence in education retail which has tremendous potential in an emerging marketing like India. There are approximately 10 CR students in 90,000 private schools in India currently and they spend close to Rs. 50,000 CR annually on educational products and services other than school fee. With this foray, we wish to gain the first movers advantage and re-define education retail in India by being pioneers through innovation backed with cutting-edge technology and content.”
There are various innovative tools available in the store such as Iken Books (Comic books with NCERT curriculum through fun reading), Iken Joy (toys to learn the fundamentals of Science), Iken Library (digital collection of learning resources through live actions films etc), Iken Pro (exclusive short informative films).
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021