Micromax: From palms to homes
Launches home entertainment solutions including LED TV, Home Theatres, 3D Blu Ray and SMART Stick.October 10, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Micromax, the homegrown handset manufacturer, has forayed into the home entertainment segment with the launch of new range of LED TVs, Home Theatres, 3D Blu Ray and SMART Stick, the Android dongle which will make TV viewing a smart experience.
With this launch, Micromax aims to become the new age screen partner for consumers; be it phones, tablets or televisions. Micromax has set up a 1 lakh sq. ft. of manufacturing facility spread over 5 acres, with a production capacity of 2,000 LED TV units per day at Rudrapur, Uttrakhand. The facility will also double up to manufacture the tablet PC Funbook and mobile accessories, which in the last 6 months has received tremendous response.
Commenting on the launch, Rajesh Agarwal, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Micromax, “As we move forward, we want to be the Screen partner for our consumers, no matter what the screen size is. As consumer preferences evolve and they want their devices and experience to be smart and personal, we feel the future of TV will depend on user, programming, connectivity and personalisation. Compared to mobile phones, televisions are a long-term interface and consumers want these to be smart and Sauvé and at the same time have a seamless experience while shifting from one screen to another. With Micromax TVs, we aim to partner the growing aspirations of the digital consumers at all levels.”
Talking about target audience, Sunil Dutt Sharma, Business Head (Consumer Electronics), Micromax said, “We have created strong brand equity through our handheld devices and have added value to our consumers. We are targeting aspirational buyers, who want to upgrade their television viewing and at the same time demand value. We plan to introduce our offerings initially in 9 key states i.e. Delhi, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Gujarat. We will deploy a two-tier distribution channel which will help us to reach out to 170 cities and build a strong consumer connect. For the Large Format Retail, we have tied up with BrightPoint.”
The LED TVs will range from 24” to 55” and will be competitively priced between Rs 15,990 and Rs 1,29,990.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint