Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores
With this partnership, the two firms will jointly market a commercial retail-as-a-service (RaaS) product to the industry.January 10, 2019 | comments ( 0 ) |
US-based tech giant Microsoft has partnered with leading American grocery retailer Kroger for redefining the customer experience using Kroger technology products powered by Microsoft Azure Cloud.
With this partnership, Kroger will pilot a connected store experience and the two firms will jointly market a commercial retail-as-a-service (RaaS) product to the industry.
Satya Nadella, Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft, said, "Our partnership brings together Kroger’s world-class expertise in the grocery industry with the power of Azure and Azure AI. Together, we will redefine the shopping experience for millions of customers at both Kroger and other retailers around the world, setting a new standard for innovation in the industry."
Rodney McMullen, Chairman and CEO, Kroger's, stated, "Kroger is building a seamless ecosystem driven by data and technology to provide our customers with personalised food inspiration. We are excited to collaborate with Microsoft to redefine grocery retail."
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021