Mitsubishi eyes Big Bazaar
Future to close four deals by month-end.May 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
As a pre-condition to invest in Future Group’s food sourcing and back-end infrastructure, Mitsubishi has asked to a stake in Big Bazaar. The two companies discussed the same last week and Mitsubishi recommended a convertible structure that would allow an equity exposure in Big Bazaar, as and when foreign direct investment was allowed in multi-brand retailing
Talks with Mitsubishi and Lawson have been going on for close to a year now for a strategic alliance. The structure would involve creating a new holding company where Future Group’s stakes in various sourcing and back-end operating companies would first get transferred; Mitsubishi would then pick up a significant stake, which could even be a controlling one.
Kishore Biyani is in the middle of accomplishing five-six similar transactions with other strategic retailers, domestic conglomerates, PE funds and high net-worth individuals for the disparate pieces of his retail empire to reduce the group’s debt further. The debt is expected to come down by Rs 1,600 crore and save over Rs 700 crore annually in interest outgo.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years