MonaVie plans India plant
To set up facility in Chennai.
Tags: MonaVieJuly 19, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
MonaVie, the Health and wellness products brands, plans to set up its own manufacturing facility in Chennai. Raj Lingam, President (South Asia), MonaVie said, “We are in the process of identifying the location, which will most probably be at Sriperumbudur. It can be through a joint venture and would involve an investment of Rs 100 crore. We are confident of setting up a facility as soon as we scale up our operations here.”
It has been a conscious decision by MonaVie to customise and localise the product offerings to suit the Indian palate.The company’s product portfolio includes protein powder, health juices, energy blends, weight-loss solutions. Currently, it outsources some of its products to local manufacturers in India.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn