Mounting growth projections
Woodland to add 60 new stores, expand portfolio.
Tags: WoodlandMay 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Woodland is all set to expand its horizon. While it is on an expansion spree, it is also expanding its portfolio.
Harikirat Singh, Managing Director, Woodland says, “There is no point in entering a market unless there is a potential. Which is why, we are now expanding aggressively in India, especially in the tier-II and tier-III cities."
He adds, “We were growing at about 25 per cent so far, but last year we clocked 30 per cent growth. This year, we have begun focusing on smaller towns, which should also give us some more growth.”
They are also going into skin care material and are working with a German company, BNS, to develop some special cream for a traveller. These products will be launched in September-October this year.
The company has been changing and exploring different markets — right from Canada, Northern Europe and the CIS countries.
As reported by Indianretailer.com earlier this year, Woodland had gone online with the launch of its e-store. The e-store is dedicated to Woodland’s R&D led functional product-line, which caters to adventure enthusiasts. With this, they wished to reduce the carbon footprint and is a natural extension of our existing business, broadening our access of the brand.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021