Muralikrishnan B as CM, eBay India
eBay India, India’s leading eCommerce Marketplace, today
May 10, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
eBay India, India’s leading eCommerce Marketplace, today announced the appointment of Mr. Muralikrishnan B. as Country Manager, eBay India with immediate effect. In his new role, Murali will be responsible for the eBay portfolio in India, Philippines & Malaysia. Murali is taking over from Mr. Ambareesh Murty, who has led eBay India as Country Manager since March 2008.
“Indian eCommerce is rapidly evolving and eBay is uniquely positioned to continue to lead this growth. I am delighted to take on my new role and look forward to further strengthening our leadership position".
Muralikrishnan B, Country Manager, eBay India said, Murali joined eBay in 2005 and has held a variety of leadership roles in eBay India, most recently as Sr. Director – Marketing & Product Management. His many achievements included driving a scalable hybrid local development model which significantly enhanced and localized eBay India’s user experience. Murali is also responsible for building the eBay India brand. He is an active evangelist of eCommerce and has been part of the IAMAI (Internet & Mobile Association of India) eCommerce & FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) Retail Committees.
Ambareesh Murty led the vibrant eBay India business from March 2008 to May 2011. During this period eBay India significantly outpaced market growth and strengthened market leadership by reinforcing its core proposition of “safe, easy, deals” amongst online shoppers. As Vice Chairman of the IAMAI during the same period, he worked towards building an enabling ecosystem for internet businesses in India. A passionate advocate for entrepreneurship, Ambareesh will be pursuing his entrepreneurial interests in the Indian Internet space post transitioning his responsibilities at eBay.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India