Myntra acquires Sher Singh
Cash cum equity deal.November 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Myntra.com has acquired SherSingh.com, the global private label online brand specializsing in sports-inspired lifestyle apparel for men and women. As part of the cash cum equity deal, the Sher Singh brand of products will now be exclusively sold on myntra.com and shersingh.com.
With this acquisition, Sher Singh’s senior management team along with its employees will be absorbed into Myntra and will contribute towards strengthening Myntra’s private label portfolio. Myntra will leverage Sher Singh’s fashion and design expertise to strengthen its private label and presence in the US market. Myntra will also maintain Sher Singh’s New York design studio to tap into the latest trends from one of the world’s leading fashion capitals.
Mukesh Bansal, Founder & CEO at Myntra.com said “We are very excited about this acquisition. Sher Singh’s team has built one of the most innovative and trendy fashion brands which speaks to the global marketplace. We are very confident that this acquisition will significantly enhance Myntra’s fashion and design expertise”.
Sunjay Guleria, Co-Founder & CEO at SherSingh.com added – “We couldn’t have asked for a better long-term fit than Myntra. As the leader in the fashion and lifestyle ecommerce space, Myntra will now expose Sher Singh’s award-winning designs
and superior quality to millions of consumers in India and help us create long-term, sustainable brand equity. In addition, our combined merchandising expertise will ensure on-trend, global fashion at affordable prices”.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2