Myntra acquires Sher Singh
Cash cum equity deal.November 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Myntra.com has acquired SherSingh.com, the global private label online brand specializsing in sports-inspired lifestyle apparel for men and women. As part of the cash cum equity deal, the Sher Singh brand of products will now be exclusively sold on myntra.com and shersingh.com.
With this acquisition, Sher Singh’s senior management team along with its employees will be absorbed into Myntra and will contribute towards strengthening Myntra’s private label portfolio. Myntra will leverage Sher Singh’s fashion and design expertise to strengthen its private label and presence in the US market. Myntra will also maintain Sher Singh’s New York design studio to tap into the latest trends from one of the world’s leading fashion capitals.
Mukesh Bansal, Founder & CEO at Myntra.com said “We are very excited about this acquisition. Sher Singh’s team has built one of the most innovative and trendy fashion brands which speaks to the global marketplace. We are very confident that this acquisition will significantly enhance Myntra’s fashion and design expertise”.
Sunjay Guleria, Co-Founder & CEO at SherSingh.com added – “We couldn’t have asked for a better long-term fit than Myntra. As the leader in the fashion and lifestyle ecommerce space, Myntra will now expose Sher Singh’s award-winning designs
and superior quality to millions of consumers in India and help us create long-term, sustainable brand equity. In addition, our combined merchandising expertise will ensure on-trend, global fashion at affordable prices”.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021