NTC to open 300 stores this year
Expects Rs 1.5 crore revenue per storeMay 23, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
National Textile Corporation (NTC), a state-run enterprise under the textile ministry, plans to open 300 of its ‘Indian Republic’ apparel stores this year. A ‘soft-launch’ of this chain was earlier this year.
The Indian Republic brand would cater to men's fashion with a range of apparel of casual and formals categories, and NTC is expecting an annual turnover of Rs 1.5 crore per store.
In a media interaction, Aloke Banerjee, Director-Marketing, NTC highlighted that the stores will be opened during June and August. In addition, the outlets would be located at locations where NTC has own properties, which would help to keep operating costs under check.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021