Narendra Modi's favourite Jade Blue expects Rs 230 crore revenue in FY2014-15
Jade Blue, a clothing retailer based in Ahmedabad, is favorite shop of prime minister Narendra Modi. It is the store from Modi buys his trademark kurta, labelled Modi Kurta, which the store has registered (with Modi's permission) under its name.June 25, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Jade Blue, a clothing retailer based in Ahmedabad, is favorite shop of prime minister Narendra Modi. It is the store from Modi buys his trademark kurta, labelled Modi Kurta, which the store has registered (with Modi's permission) under its name.
Bipin Chauhan, Managing Director, Jade Blue Clothing, said, “It was actually Modi's idea to make the kurtas that bear his name. We then perfected the idea.”
Owing to his unique dressing sense and style Modi is earning accolades among American media.
Bipin further added, Modi Kurta is made of two fabrics — linen-polyester and linen-cotton. And, Khadi has been only a recent addition to the prime minister's wardrobe. Modi visited the store for the first time one evening in 1989. Modi has since stayed loyal to the brand. But as his work and political roles increased, the number of visits by him reduced. Once a frequent visitor, Modi began to visit the store only twice a year, shared Bipin. From one flagship store, Jade Blue has grown to a retail chain of 28 stores, expanding through a mix of a franchise and ownership model. Revenues have been climbing steadily and are expected to hit Rs 230 crore in the next fiscal year.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019