New CEO at Pantaloons
Shital Mehta gets the position; comes from Madura Fashion and Lifestyle.January 24, 2013 | comments ( 1 ) |
Shital Mehta, COO, International Brands and Retail at Madura Fashion and Lifestyle (MF&L), has been appointed as the CEO of Pantaloon Fashion Retail Limited. At Madura, Mehta was responsible for running and expanding the portfolio of international brands business through JV, franchising, or licensing arrangements in mono-brand and multi-brand retail formats. His achievements at Madura include the launch of British lifestyle brand Hackett in the country through a joint venture, turning 'THE COLLECTIVE' into a profitable one, heading Esprit in India, and transformation of Van Heusen from a wholesale led men's shirt brand into a premium retail-led lifestyle brand for men, women, and youth. He did his schooling from Wharton Business School and also holds an MBA in Marketing from S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research. Mehta is also a BE in Electronics and Communication from DDIT.
In his new role, he will be based out of Mumbai.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint