New CEOs appointed
PepsiCo's Foods and beverages businesses get new CEOs.March 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Undergoing a top-deck rejig, PepsiCo India has welcomed on board Praveen Someshwar, who was the CEO of the Beverages business, as the Head of the Foods business, replacing Varun Berry. For the Beverages business, the organisation has appointed Mukkavilli, currently based in Dubai as Senior Vice-President, Global Nutrition Group (GNG) for PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East and African (AMEA) regions.
These appointments will be effective June 1, a company release stated. Someshwar and Mukkavilli will report directly to Manu Anand, Chairman, PepsiCo India.
With this new role, Someshwar will be responsible for a portfolio of brands, including Kurkure, Lay’s, Uncle Chips and Quaker, along with the snacks business under the brand name Lehar. He will also lead the India Power of One (PO1) Council with responsibility to drive collaboration across Foods and Beverages.
On the other hand, Mukkavilli is expected to bring his 20-year experience to the table while heading up the business here. According to market reports, the key challenge for PepsiCo will be to maintain its double-digit growth in both foods and beverages divisions.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay