New CEOs appointed
PepsiCo's Foods and beverages businesses get new CEOs.March 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Undergoing a top-deck rejig, PepsiCo India has welcomed on board Praveen Someshwar, who was the CEO of the Beverages business, as the Head of the Foods business, replacing Varun Berry. For the Beverages business, the organisation has appointed Mukkavilli, currently based in Dubai as Senior Vice-President, Global Nutrition Group (GNG) for PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East and African (AMEA) regions.
These appointments will be effective June 1, a company release stated. Someshwar and Mukkavilli will report directly to Manu Anand, Chairman, PepsiCo India.
With this new role, Someshwar will be responsible for a portfolio of brands, including Kurkure, Lay’s, Uncle Chips and Quaker, along with the snacks business under the brand name Lehar. He will also lead the India Power of One (PO1) Council with responsibility to drive collaboration across Foods and Beverages.
On the other hand, Mukkavilli is expected to bring his 20-year experience to the table while heading up the business here. According to market reports, the key challenge for PepsiCo will be to maintain its double-digit growth in both foods and beverages divisions.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021