Nielsen organises 'Consumer 360 event'
Nielsen recently concluded its annual Consumer 360 event in New Delhi, India. The event brings together industry thought
November 16, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Nielsen recently concluded its annual Consumer 360 event in New Delhi, India. The event brings together industry thought leaders, marketing practitioners and international business professionals to interact over leading edge and transformative ideas. The topics discussed at the event include Indian consumer's instincts and inflation, changing rules of shopper marketing, FMCG marketing practice in rural India, etc. Nielsen has identified four key trends that will drive consumption in FMCG category -- premiumisation, consumers switching from commodity to brands, from indulgence to regular consumption, and acceptability.
There were present some of the leading names in the Indian retail and communication industry such as Arun Maira, Member, Planning Comission; Samudra Bhattacharya, Sales Head, PepsiCo; Thomas Varghese, CEO, ABRL; Bijou Kurien, President & CE, Lifestyle Reliance Retail; Tarun Arora, EVP- Head of marketing, Godrej Consumer Products; Roosevelt D'Souza, ED, Nielsen India; Vikram Khosla, Head of sales- Foods, ITC; Deepak Gulati, CEO, Tata DOCOMO; Anupama Ahluwalia, CMO, Coca-Cola India; Saugata Gupta, CEO, Cobsumer products, Marico; among others.
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen