Nikon's optimistic stance
Opens office and Nikon School in Delhi.
Tags: NikonMay 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Nikon India announced the opening of their branch office in New Delhi, as part of the company's continued geographic expansion across key markets in India. The new office was inaugurated by Hiroshi Takashina, Managing Director, Nikon India along with Shizuo Shimizu, General Manager- Quality Assurance Department, Hiroshi Masumoto, Manager- Service Planning, Quality Assurance Department and Takehiko Ogasahara, General Manager- International Customer Support Division, Nikon Hong Kong. The Delhi branch office, located at Pusa Road is Nikon's fifth office to be opened in India after those in Kolkata, Bangalore, Mumbai and Head office in Gurgaon.
The company also aims to use this office to expand the reach of Nikon School in India. Nikon School is an initiative to impart skills to photography enthusiasts by providing tips, expert guidance and insights about photography.
In an exclusive with Indianretailer.com, Takashina said, “With a minimum amount of Rs 500, people who make purchases at Nikon can take a half day course to know about the operations of their camera from trained staff at Nikon. Presently we are offering a Basic course but will be bringing out the Advanced course as well. New buyers will be offered a 50 per cent discount as well.” Talking about the brands growth in India he said, “We targeting a turnover of Rs 1,200 crore this fiscal, moving up from Rs 750 crore in the year gone by. Also we will work towards being the market leader in Digital SLR segment with 55 per cent market share. With respect to compact cameras, we will move up from 27 per cent to 30 per cent this year. Also we will increase our sale points from 3,000 to 3,500.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021