No ‘Bijli Ghar’ from Future Group
Future Group has shelved its plan to set up standalone stores for retailing electrical and lighting products
January 08, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group has shelved its plan to set up standalone stores for retailing electrical and lighting products to conserve cash. Home Solutions Retail India Ltd (HSRIL), a unit of Future Group, was planning to enter the Rs 2,000-crore lighting products market with its own stores, called ‘Bijli Ghar’. These were proposed to be set up initially as shop-in-shop in Big Bazaar stores and as standalone stores later. The group was targeting revenues of Rs 100 crore in the first year of operations.
The company has instead launched compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and electrical accessories under the ‘LSL’ brand.
HSRIL had set up two joint ventures with lighting products manufacturer Asian Electronics — Asian Retail Lighting and Home Lighting India Ltd — to manufacture lighting products for the retail sector and for home lighting. Recently, Asian Electronics announced it was merging Home Lighting with Asian Retail Lighting and disposing its entire investments in Home Lighting.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2