No ‘Bijli Ghar’ from Future Group
Future Group has shelved its plan to set up standalone stores for retailing electrical and lighting products
January 08, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group has shelved its plan to set up standalone stores for retailing electrical and lighting products to conserve cash. Home Solutions Retail India Ltd (HSRIL), a unit of Future Group, was planning to enter the Rs 2,000-crore lighting products market with its own stores, called ‘Bijli Ghar’. These were proposed to be set up initially as shop-in-shop in Big Bazaar stores and as standalone stores later. The group was targeting revenues of Rs 100 crore in the first year of operations.
The company has instead launched compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and electrical accessories under the ‘LSL’ brand.
HSRIL had set up two joint ventures with lighting products manufacturer Asian Electronics — Asian Retail Lighting and Home Lighting India Ltd — to manufacture lighting products for the retail sector and for home lighting. Recently, Asian Electronics announced it was merging Home Lighting with Asian Retail Lighting and disposing its entire investments in Home Lighting.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021