Noodles from GSK
GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare on Wednesday announced its entry into the noodles segment, with aims to capture 10 per cent of the estimated Rs 1,000 crore organised noodles market within a year.
February 04, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare on Wednesday announced its entry into the noodles segment, with aims to capture 10 per cent of the estimated Rs 1,000 crore organised noodles market within a year. The company launched its noodles under the popular Horlicks brand named ‘Foodles’ that is expected to compete with market leader ‘Maggi’ from Nestle.
“The Indian noodles market is estimated to be around Rs 1,000 crore and has been growing at the rate of 25 per cent. We believe that the overall entry of Horlicks will expand the category further,” Mr Subhajit Sen, Executive Vice President (Marketing), G SK Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH) India said.
The company said the new product will further extend its Rs 1,500-crore ‘Horlicks’ brand and help in sustaining the double-digit growth that it has been registering.
The company, at present is focusing on the South India. It plans to introduce the product in the National Capital and other northern states in the next six months to one year period.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2