Noodles from GSK
GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare on Wednesday announced its entry into the noodles segment, with aims to capture 10 per cent of the estimated Rs 1,000 crore organised noodles market within a year.
February 04, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare on Wednesday announced its entry into the noodles segment, with aims to capture 10 per cent of the estimated Rs 1,000 crore organised noodles market within a year. The company launched its noodles under the popular Horlicks brand named ‘Foodles’ that is expected to compete with market leader ‘Maggi’ from Nestle.
“The Indian noodles market is estimated to be around Rs 1,000 crore and has been growing at the rate of 25 per cent. We believe that the overall entry of Horlicks will expand the category further,” Mr Subhajit Sen, Executive Vice President (Marketing), G SK Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH) India said.
The company said the new product will further extend its Rs 1,500-crore ‘Horlicks’ brand and help in sustaining the double-digit growth that it has been registering.
The company, at present is focusing on the South India. It plans to introduce the product in the National Capital and other northern states in the next six months to one year period.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019