OMEGA inaugurates exclusive boutique and launches the mythical diver:
It was history revisited when Omega launched the updated version of Seamaster Ploprof with OMEGA Vice President Raynald Aeschlimann and Brand Ambassador Abhishek Bachchan in Bangalore today.
October 08, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
It was history revisited when Omega launched the updated version of Seamaster Ploprof with OMEGA Vice President Raynald Aeschlimann and Brand Ambassador Abhishek Bachchan in Bangalore today. The brand also showcased its commitment to the city by opening an exclusive boutique for Bangalorians in UB City. Admiring the enthusiasm of Bangalorians, Abhishek Bachchan said, “It’s my first time in Bangalore as Omega Brand Ambassador and I must say, I am thrilled with the response that we got earlier today at the Omega Boutique. I am sure this instantly recognisable Ploprof is in for a similar response.” In 1970, OMEGA launched a watch which had been created to withstand the crushing pressures endured by divers working deep below the ocean’s surface. It was the Seamaster 600, the so-called “Ploprof” (the first letters of plongeurs professionnels – the French words meaning “professional divers”) and it was one of the most rugged, robust and seaworthy divers’ wristwatches ever manufactured. The new Ploprof 1200M is, as its name suggests, water resistant to an astounding 1200 metres (4000 feet). Illustrating the watch, Raynald Aeschlimann said, “The OMEGA Co-Axial Ploprof 1200M bears a strong resemblance to its famous ancestor and it carries on the traditions of robust reliability and water resistance which have always defined OMEGA’s divers’ watches, along with some remarkable improvements.” The Ploprof has an automatic helium escape valve located on the side of the case at the 4 o’clock position. This feature allows helium atoms to escape during decompression, and is particularly useful for professional divers operating from diving bells. It also features an extra divers’ extension to 26 mm so that the watch can be worn comfortably over a diving suit.
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail
- DailyNinja acquires WakeupBasket
- Amazon.in sees its biggest celebration everwith record sales across all categories
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb’s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale