Okaya expects 150 cr turnover from mobile battery mkt
After gauging immense potential in the mobile segment market,
July 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
After gauging immense potential in the mobile segment market, Okay Power has announced its grand entry into the mobile battery segment with plans to generate the turnover of Rs 150 cr at the end of the year.
The Rs 600-crore group, which launched mobile batteries under the brand 'Joos', said it has invested around Rs 120 crore on setting up a plant at Parwanoo in Himachal Pradesh with a total installed capacity to make up to 4 million units a month.
The company is focuses on the replacement battery market as the company sees huge gap in the supply and demand market.
The company said the batteries will be available in 36 models, compatible with all leading mobile handsets, and are slated to be priced between Rs 295 and Rs 995.
The company also has plans to bring batteries for other verticals like laptop, camcorders and digital cameras.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021