Okaya expects 150 cr turnover from mobile battery mkt
After gauging immense potential in the mobile segment market,
July 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
After gauging immense potential in the mobile segment market, Okay Power has announced its grand entry into the mobile battery segment with plans to generate the turnover of Rs 150 cr at the end of the year.
The Rs 600-crore group, which launched mobile batteries under the brand 'Joos', said it has invested around Rs 120 crore on setting up a plant at Parwanoo in Himachal Pradesh with a total installed capacity to make up to 4 million units a month.
The company is focuses on the replacement battery market as the company sees huge gap in the supply and demand market.
The company said the batteries will be available in 36 models, compatible with all leading mobile handsets, and are slated to be priced between Rs 295 and Rs 995.
The company also has plans to bring batteries for other verticals like laptop, camcorders and digital cameras.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint