Onward Mobility to expand business operations
Mumbai-based mobile application and distribution firm Onward Mobility has raised Rs 18 crore from IndoUS Venture Partners and Qualcomm's venture capital investment arm, Qualcomm Ventures.
September 13, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mumbai-based mobile application and distribution firm Onward Mobility has raised Rs 18 crore from IndoUS Venture Partners and Qualcomm's venture capital investment arm, Qualcomm Ventures. This is the ‘series A’ round of funding for the firm which had raised over $1 million in 2010 from the network of Angel investors, Mumbai Angels. The company plans to utilize these funds to expand their product offering and retail distribution reach, hiring key employees.
The Mobile Applications market in particular is expected to grow to $ 25 Billion by 2013 as per Juniper Research. The overall market for Mobility software and applications in Asia-Pacific alone is expected to grow at a CAGR of 35 per cent from 2011 to 2015. This presents a huge opportunity for Onward Mobility as it is the only company in India with a direct to consumer business model of retailing mobile applications as against most other mobile application companies which are looking at selling their products through online channels like applications stores.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore