Onward Mobility to expand business operations
Mumbai-based mobile application and distribution firm Onward Mobility has raised Rs 18 crore from IndoUS Venture Partners and Qualcomm's venture capital investment arm, Qualcomm Ventures.
September 13, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mumbai-based mobile application and distribution firm Onward Mobility has raised Rs 18 crore from IndoUS Venture Partners and Qualcomm's venture capital investment arm, Qualcomm Ventures. This is the ‘series A’ round of funding for the firm which had raised over $1 million in 2010 from the network of Angel investors, Mumbai Angels. The company plans to utilize these funds to expand their product offering and retail distribution reach, hiring key employees.
The Mobile Applications market in particular is expected to grow to $ 25 Billion by 2013 as per Juniper Research. The overall market for Mobility software and applications in Asia-Pacific alone is expected to grow at a CAGR of 35 per cent from 2011 to 2015. This presents a huge opportunity for Onward Mobility as it is the only company in India with a direct to consumer business model of retailing mobile applications as against most other mobile application companies which are looking at selling their products through online channels like applications stores.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021