Orient fans enters Indian kitchens
Forays into home appliances market.April 30, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Orient Fans, under the brand name of ‘Orient Actus’, has forayed into the home appliances market with a range of kitchen appliances, air cooling solutions and water heating solutions.
An increase in disposable incomes of people and the resulting change in their aspirational values is what urged them to diversify. Also independent research findings which estimate the organised small appliances market to grow at a CAGR of 12 to 13 per cent in value terms fanned the decision.
S B Khedkar, Vice President-Appliances at Orient Actus, says, “Since the market is in the growth phase and current penetration levels are low for most categories, therefore, there is enough opportunity and room for new brands with better aesthetics and value proposition coupled with a very efficient services setup. We will be present in all the Tier 1, 2 and 3 cities (Approx 100 cities) by the end of 2012-13.”
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India