Oscar makes a mark in the handset market
Consumer goods manufacturer Oscar has announced its 10
July 03, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Consumer goods manufacturer Oscar has announced its 10 devices in the mobile segment to position itself firmly in the sector.
To mark its footprints in the segment the company has also kept aside Rs 100 cr for marketing, this fiscal.
"We will invest Rs 100 crore this year on our product and marketing. By the end of first year, we hope to sell one lakh mobiles per month in North and East India with a turnover of Rs 250 crores," Oscar Group Executive Director, Suresh Wadhwani said.
Oscar has tagged its products within the range of Rs 1,700-Rs 4,500. In the initial phase, Oscar would tie with a Chinese manufacturer and distribute its products from there.
Oscar, which manufacturers colour televisions, home theatre systems, DVDs, and multi-media speaker systems is the latest entrant in the Rs 70,000-crore handset market in India.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category