Oxford Bookstore goes intl
Opens its first overseas store Katakali in Marrakech, Morocco.December 13, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Oxford Bookstores, the ninety year old Indian bookstore chain, global by launching its first overseas store in the city of Marrakech. Katakali, this bookstore is located in the luxurious Taj Palace Hotel at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains in the exclusive palm-filled oasis of the Palmeraie.
In the last two years, Oxford Bookstores has been growing its footprints in India with launch of its stores across new and existing domestic markets with a special focus on Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, totalling to 26 stores currently. Oxford Bookstore has a completely integrated online offline bookstore with access to 6 million titles worldwide.
Priti Paul Director Oxford Bookstoreswho is the creative force behind India’s favourite bookstore shares,“Oxford Bookstore's mission in India is to be the best equipped 'base-camp' for journeys of the mind, offering our valued customers the widest range of outstanding titles and consistently courteous and informed service. Marrakech is also my home now as is India and I’m truly delighted to bring a treasure-trove of beautiful publications to the city. Katakali, which has been called a boudoir for books by booklovers will evolve to earn a place in the hearts of Marrakechis and to become the city’s most treasured bookstore.”
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India