Oxford Bookstore goes intl
Opens its first overseas store Katakali in Marrakech, Morocco.December 13, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Oxford Bookstores, the ninety year old Indian bookstore chain, global by launching its first overseas store in the city of Marrakech. Katakali, this bookstore is located in the luxurious Taj Palace Hotel at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains in the exclusive palm-filled oasis of the Palmeraie.
In the last two years, Oxford Bookstores has been growing its footprints in India with launch of its stores across new and existing domestic markets with a special focus on Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, totalling to 26 stores currently. Oxford Bookstore has a completely integrated online offline bookstore with access to 6 million titles worldwide.
Priti Paul Director Oxford Bookstoreswho is the creative force behind India’s favourite bookstore shares,“Oxford Bookstore's mission in India is to be the best equipped 'base-camp' for journeys of the mind, offering our valued customers the widest range of outstanding titles and consistently courteous and informed service. Marrakech is also my home now as is India and I’m truly delighted to bring a treasure-trove of beautiful publications to the city. Katakali, which has been called a boudoir for books by booklovers will evolve to earn a place in the hearts of Marrakechis and to become the city’s most treasured bookstore.”
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019
- Over 50 Indian companies aims to expand operations to RAKEZ in UAE
- Xiaomi clocks about Rs 23k cr revenue within 4 years of operations