Pantaloon Retail rolls out expansion plan in Tamil Nadu
Future Groups retail arm Pantaloon Retail plans to embark on expansion in the major cities and towns of Tamil Nadu
July 24, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Groups retail arm Pantaloon Retail plans to embark on expansion in the major cities and towns of Tamil Nadu. We plan to open around 5 to 6 Big Bazaar stores in the State of Tamil Nadu in the current financial year. Presently Future Group has one store each in Chennai and Coimbatore respectively in the State. The new stores will be coming up in cities like Salem, Madurai, Chennai (2nd store), Tiruchi, Tirupur and Tirunelveli. The stores will be primarily located on high streets but closer to residential areas informs Atul Takle, Head Corporate Communication, Pantaloon Retail. In South, Kerala has proven to be Pantaloons strongest market. On an average the cost to set up a store is approx. Rs.1200/- to Rs.1500/- per sq. ft, adds Takle. Also the company has planned an exclusive, Wednesday Bazaar for women, where the idea is to Offer special discounts and deals to its customers` on Wednesday. Wednesday Bazaar` is also called as Hafte ka Sabse Sasta Din which is extremely popular among the homemakers as it gives them the power to save, shares Takle.
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor
- PVR buys controlling stake in SPI cinemas
- DailyNinja buys out 4amShop in all-cash deal
- GUESS to go on its own in India!
- Gome yet another Chinese brand plans to foray India
- Flipkart Launches âFlipkart Supermartâ, Its Online Grocery Store
- B2B startup ShopX bags $35 mn fund from Fung Strategic Holdings