Pantaloons 50th store launched
Embarks on an expansion plan
November 29, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Pantaloons, a part of Future Group launched its 50th store in Ambience mall, New Delhi. Spread over two floors in an area of 31,109 sq. ft, the 50th Pantaloons Flagship store has been uniquely designed to create an international shopping experience for customers. The aesthetic, creative and prestigious ambience gives its patrons a chance to interact with the merchandise through touch and feel.
Pantaloons, which has 50 stores present across 27 cities is looking to double the number of its flagship multi-brand ‘Pantaloon’ stores in the next three-four years, as it embarks on an image makeover for the apparel and accessories chain to target youngsters, said Mr. Rakesh Biyani, Future Group Director and CEO. “We are looking at tier-I cities to open new stores. Our next 50 new stores will comprise of 50 percent in major cities followed by another 50 percent in tier-I cities,” Biyani added further.
“We invest close to Rs 4,500 per square foot on the new stores and each store breaks even within a time span of four months to about a year,” Biyani said.
A lot of cash vouchers were also distributed at the launch to attract customers.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore