Pantaloons 50th store launched
Embarks on an expansion plan
November 29, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Pantaloons, a part of Future Group launched its 50th store in Ambience mall, New Delhi. Spread over two floors in an area of 31,109 sq. ft, the 50th Pantaloons Flagship store has been uniquely designed to create an international shopping experience for customers. The aesthetic, creative and prestigious ambience gives its patrons a chance to interact with the merchandise through touch and feel.
Pantaloons, which has 50 stores present across 27 cities is looking to double the number of its flagship multi-brand ‘Pantaloon’ stores in the next three-four years, as it embarks on an image makeover for the apparel and accessories chain to target youngsters, said Mr. Rakesh Biyani, Future Group Director and CEO. “We are looking at tier-I cities to open new stores. Our next 50 new stores will comprise of 50 percent in major cities followed by another 50 percent in tier-I cities,” Biyani added further.
“We invest close to Rs 4,500 per square foot on the new stores and each store breaks even within a time span of four months to about a year,” Biyani said.
A lot of cash vouchers were also distributed at the launch to attract customers.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021