Patni brothers buy stake in BSC
Plans to expand through brick-and-mortar retailJune 10, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Amit Patni and Arihant Patni have purchased a significant stake in Mumbai-based Bombay Shirt Co (BSC), for an undisclosed amount.
BSC sells made-to-measure shirts online and is now looking at expanding to brick-and-mortar retail. “We are looking at consumption-based investments across retail, healthcare, apparel, quick-service restaurants and in both online and offline ventures as consumption will take off in India,” said Amit Patni.
Last month, the brothers raised about $40 million to invest solely in companies that provide Big Data analytics.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn