Penchant rolls out plan to open 7-10 food courts in the next two years
Penchant Foods revealed its plan to open 7-10 multi-cuisine food courts named MeltingPot by the end of 2010. The company plans to open seven food courts in Delhi-NCR in the current year itself.
March 28, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Penchant Foods revealed its plan to open 7-10 multi-cuisine food courts named MeltingPot by the end of 2010. The company plans to open seven food courts in Delhi-NCR in the current year itself. The company has recently opened the food court, under the brand name MeltingPot at Shalimar Bagh in Delhi. Their next food court is expected to come up in Ansal Plaza, Vaishali in another two-month time. The other places identified for the food-chain are Noida, Greater Noida, Vasant Kunj, Meerut, Vaishali, Zeerakpur (Chandigarh) and Mathura. The company is planning to invest Rs.15 – 20 crore for this project. The expansion plan is concentrated mainly in North India. The food court will be owned by the company including the food brands served inside the courts. There will be eight food courts each with its individual open-kitchen. The food court will have experiential ambience where customers can see the food being cooked and customize their food according to their taste and preferences. It will also have banqueting facilities for pre and post marriage celebrations, birthday parties and other get-togethers. The company will employ about 500 people in its ten outlets. Spread across 20,000 sq ft, the Shalimar Bagh outlet is fully equipped with a bakery, pub, coffee shop, a special kid`s zone, and multi-cuisine food court. Another unique section of MeltingPot is Hungama Kidz, an area completely dedicated to kids to play, paint and be themselves as they binge on treats of their choices. It gives parents the option to drop their kids as they enjoy a shopping spree. The company is in talks with various mall developers for this venture and is open for joint venture as well.
- Iba Halal Care raises Series A1 funding from Addvantis Enterprises
- Softline leggings ropes in Anushka Sharma
- Amazon may open more than 3,000 cashierless stores by 2021
- Siyaramâ€™s launches superstar Ranveer Singh as their New Brand Ambassador
- Samara-Amazon acquires Kumar Mangalam Birla's More retail chain
- Walmart hires expats for senior roles in Flipkart
- Aditya Birla Fashion forays into women's innerwear and athleisure category
- Amazon Pay launches card-less AMAZON PAY EMI solution
- IKEA targets home delivery by electric vehicle in five major cities by 2020
- M&S opens first store in Odisha