PepsiCo clocking rapid sales
The new growth has been driven by Pepsiís focus on bigger and better priorities
August 08, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Having increased its sales at double the pace of the soft drinks market leader in the first half of the year, PepsiCo is soon stealing away the show from its arch rival Coca Cola. In the Rs 11,000-crore soft drinks market, where volume growth is significantly lower than two years back in any case, PepsiCo reported 17% volume growth during April-June while Coca-Cola grew 8%. This is the biggest gap in growth between the two cola rivals in the past three-four years when they were growing neck-to-neck.
"Our growths have been driven by our focus on fewer, bigger and better priorities this year," PepsiCo India CEO (Beverages) Praveen Someshwar says. PepsiCo expanded its sales force by 25% and distributed more coolers to increase its reach by 20%, raised capacities to strengthen the back-end, and backed it with aggressive marketing that included the successful 'Change the game' campaign during the Cricket World Cup in February.
And Coca-Cola says it is taking steps to revive volume growth. "We are strengthening our occasion, brand, price, pack, channel architecture and shopper marketing programme, investing on brand activation in the festive season and expanding our presence," the company spokesman said.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021