Pinch messaging platform upgraded by Affle
World's first to establish interoperability between smart phone messaging & SMS
August 24, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Affle, the leading international mobile media company, announced a massive upgrade for its Pinch <http://www.pinchapp.com/> mobile messaging platform. In addition to pure messaging, Pinch would now enable users to chat with friends, find new friends, access exciting locations services and participate in social contests, all on their data plans or Wi-Fi without incurring any local or international SMS/MMS charges. The Pinch upgrade, dubbed Version 2.0, has a completely new brand identity and a sleeker and unified UI (user interface).
Anuj Kumar, CEO, Affle said, "The latest version of Pinch further strengthens our offerings on the messaging platform and complements our existing product SMS2.0 Live, which has already got us over 20 million downloads in Asia alone."
This new version is exciting as it has a lot of new features and is made available on top seven mobile platforms, making it reach out to almost all smart & feature phones globally. As part of this upgrade, the company is particularly excited to announce a first in the world endeavour, the unique Pinch-to-SMS technology which allows Pinch to reach even non data devices through SMS. "Through this Pinch users will now be able to send SMSs and receive messages back in the Pinch environment thus bringing the reach, reliability and robustness of the SMS platform to smart phone messaging. We are confident that this upgrade will change messaging as it exists today by making cross platform data messaging on phones very popular.'' Kumar added.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear