Planet Sports strengthens presence in Mumbai
9th stand-alone store at Infinity Malad sparks fresh lifestyle trend
August 02, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Planet Sports, India's premier multi-brand sports and lifestyle destination has added one more store in Mumbai, continuing its aggressive expansion plans to meet the rising needs of the city's sports enthusiasts.
Dominating the city's sports retailing segment, Planet Sports new store is spread over 9,340 sq ft, and is strategically situated in Infinity, Malad. This is the 22nd point of sale and 9th standalone outlet of Planet Sports in Mumbai. This store will quench the thirst of all sports lover with a variety of sports collections and equipment. Planet Sports is always been a one-stop shop for all sports related needs.
Speaking about the expansion spree of Planet Sports in Mumbai, Mr. Ravdeep Singh, CEO, Sports Division – Pantaloon Retail India Ltd. said, “Mumbai is known in the international arena through its achievements in sports. Though a Glamour & financial hub, it is also home to various sports and renowned players irrespective of the age, category & gender. Also our research shows that women participation is one of the best in India. Mumbai people have a deep affinity for sports. Sports dominate their lifestyle more often than not. Keeping all this in mind, we offer our new store to consumers with an unparalleled mix of international brands and a great shopping experience“.
Keeping in mind the consumer interest spanning from cricket to soccer, tennis, athletics and other sports his store offer wide range of footwear, apparel, accessories and sports equipment. This Store offers an extensive range of International sports & lifestyle brands such as Converse, Skechers, Wilson, Salomon, Speedo, Reebok, Nike, Adidas, Spalding, Fila, Lotto and Puma to name a few. The new Malad store is all set to become the ultimate destination for sports and fitness lovers in Mumbai.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India