Pluggers enters with Planet Sports
First international venture outside Australia for Pluggers.January 07, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Pluggers, the Australian casual footwear brand enters the Indian market in collaboration with Planet Sports. The Sports and Lifestyle retailer is the exclusive distributor and licensee for the brand in India.
The Indian launch of Pluggers is the first phase in promoting the brand globally with further launches in other countries being envisaged in the coming year. Planet Sports will begin with making Pluggers available in the metros and then expanding gradually into Tier II and Tier III cities.
Ajay Chablani, Business Head, Planet Sports said, “We have observed that in the Indian market there is a growing inclination towards sporting casual footwear. We see this trend of wearing flip flops catching on and I’m sure that it would be equally popular in India as it has been on the Gold Coast in Australia.”
Kevin Pieterson, Co Promoter, Pluggers said, “We felt that Indian would be the ideal country to begin our global foray. There is such a vibrant growing and discerning young market out here so it was imperative for us to be present here. More importantly was the need of a better distribution network for our products and Planet Sports with its national presence is an ideal partner.”
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO