Pluggers enters with Planet Sports
First international venture outside Australia for Pluggers.January 07, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Pluggers, the Australian casual footwear brand enters the Indian market in collaboration with Planet Sports. The Sports and Lifestyle retailer is the exclusive distributor and licensee for the brand in India.
The Indian launch of Pluggers is the first phase in promoting the brand globally with further launches in other countries being envisaged in the coming year. Planet Sports will begin with making Pluggers available in the metros and then expanding gradually into Tier II and Tier III cities.
Ajay Chablani, Business Head, Planet Sports said, “We have observed that in the Indian market there is a growing inclination towards sporting casual footwear. We see this trend of wearing flip flops catching on and I’m sure that it would be equally popular in India as it has been on the Gold Coast in Australia.”
Kevin Pieterson, Co Promoter, Pluggers said, “We felt that Indian would be the ideal country to begin our global foray. There is such a vibrant growing and discerning young market out here so it was imperative for us to be present here. More importantly was the need of a better distribution network for our products and Planet Sports with its national presence is an ideal partner.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021