Price rise for Mobile Phones & Set top boxes
6% for mobiles, 5% for imported set top boxes.February 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mobile handsets priced above Rs 2000 will attract an excise duty six per cent however the concessional excise duty of one per cent remains unchanged for low priced phones.
The import duty on Set top boxes has also been increased from five per cent to 10 per cent. The DTH industry already gives away 32 per cent of its revenue as taxes.
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end