Price rise for Mobile Phones & Set top boxes
6% for mobiles, 5% for imported set top boxes.February 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Mobile handsets priced above Rs 2000 will attract an excise duty six per cent however the concessional excise duty of one per cent remains unchanged for low priced phones.
The import duty on Set top boxes has also been increased from five per cent to 10 per cent. The DTH industry already gives away 32 per cent of its revenue as taxes.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years