Profit growth spiked up
Raymond announces its FY12 results.April 26, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Raymond Ltd has announced its audited financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31st 2012. The Textile segment (standalone) sales for the quarter ended 31st match 2012 witnessed an increase of 24% at Rs 510cr on back of both higher realisation and volume growth.
The branded apparel business sales stood at Rs 165cr up by 12% and reported loss of Rs15cr primarily due extended end of season sales. The high value shirting business sales were down by 12% at Rs56cr, while the denim business witnessed growth of 13% at Rs 187cr. Announcing the results, Mr. Gautam Hari Singhania, Chairman & Managing Director, Raymond Limited said, “the financial year has been a combination of two extremes with the first half witnessing buoyant consumer sentiment while the second half witnessed a dip in sentiment. However, our pioneering strategies in branded fabric and apparel retailing has made it possible to withstand the downturn by providing access to our innovative products and dressing solutions to consumers across India’s large and small towns”. The margins have been improved due to correction in prices of cotton.
Raymond's retail network crossed the 850 stores mark, the store count as on 31st March 2012, stood at 853 across formats including 39 stores in Middle East, SAARC region covering over 1.6 million sqft of retail space.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019