Pune and Bangalore for Carrefour
Carrefour to enter new markets and open stores at these locations.
Tags: carrefourMay 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carrefour is eyeing Pune and Bangalore for setting up its new stores. Land for the same has been identified with work expected to begin soon and the stores being scheduled for opening early next year. The Pune and Bangalore stores will cover an area of about 56,000 sq. ft each. The French retailer plans to spread its wings farther by entering these markets and covering a retail space of 3,00,000 sq. ft by 2013.
This move will help the company strengthen its holding in the cash and carry business on Indian shores. With two stores already up and running, two more stores will open doors later this year.
Carrefour is gearing itself up for opening up of the multi-brand retail sector. Also, with the economic crisis in Euro zone deepening, Asia would make most profitable business for the company, both for retailing and sourcing.
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019
- Over 50 Indian companies aims to expand operations to RAKEZ in UAE
- Xiaomi clocks about Rs 23k cr revenue within 4 years of operations