Pune and Bangalore for Carrefour
Carrefour to enter new markets and open stores at these locations.
Tags: carrefourMay 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Carrefour is eyeing Pune and Bangalore for setting up its new stores. Land for the same has been identified with work expected to begin soon and the stores being scheduled for opening early next year. The Pune and Bangalore stores will cover an area of about 56,000 sq. ft each. The French retailer plans to spread its wings farther by entering these markets and covering a retail space of 3,00,000 sq. ft by 2013.
This move will help the company strengthen its holding in the cash and carry business on Indian shores. With two stores already up and running, two more stores will open doors later this year.
Carrefour is gearing itself up for opening up of the multi-brand retail sector. Also, with the economic crisis in Euro zone deepening, Asia would make most profitable business for the company, both for retailing and sourcing.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India