Punjab gets third Bharti Walmart store
Bharti Walmart Private Limited, the joint venture between Bharti Enterprises
August 04, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Bharti Walmart Private Limited, the joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Walmart Stores Inc for wholesale, business-to-business, cash-and-carry and back-end supply chain management operations in India, today opened its third Best Price Modern Wholesale cash and-carry store in Punjab at Jalandhar, in a ceremony attended by Sardar Sukhbir Singh Badal, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab.
The Best Price Modern Wholesale store at Jalandhar will stock over 5,400 items, including a wide range of fresh, frozen and chilled foods, fruits and vegetables, dry groceries, personal and home care, hotel and restaurant supplies, clothing, office supplies and other general merchandise items, which are available at competitive wholesale prices, allowing retailers and business owners to lower their cost of operations.
Mr. Rajan Bharti Mittal, Chairman, Bharti Walmart said, “We are delighted at the launch of our third Best Price Modern Wholesale cash and-carry store. This launch underlines our commitment to contribute to the economic growth of Punjab by offering a wide range of quality products to kirana stores, retail chains and other institutions at the lowest prices as well as creating sourcing linkages with farmers and small manufacturers.”
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Raj Jain, Managing Director and CEO, Bharti Walmart Pvt. Ltd. said, “It gives us immense pleasure to launch our third store within four months of unveiling our second store in Zirakpur. We will continue to offer quality products as best prices, particularly to institutions and SMEs, including kirana stores. We will also work closely with farmers to improve the quality of their yield and increase their remunerations. ”
Spread over 63,000 square feet, the Best Price Modern Wholesale store offers best fixed and fair prices with unmatched convenience, choice, quality and hygiene. Best Price Modern Wholesale store is a one-stop business-to-business store that meets the day-to-day needs of restaurant owners, hoteliers, caterers, fruit and vegetable resellers, kiranas, retail store owners, offices and institutions.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021