Quikr Doorstep services to allow customers buy and sell used goods across cities
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods.April 21, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Online classifieds platform, Quikr has expanded its Doorstep services to allow customers to buy and sell used goods across cities.
This service expansion will mean buyers and sellers can be in different cities, making it the first company to offer such a service.
Quikr began testing its Doorstep service that offered customers in the same city an e-commerce-like experience of buying and selling used goods. The service offers to handle payments, packaging and shipping of goods on behalf of the seller for a commission.
Amazon, through its platform Junglee, offers a very similar service for intra-city transactions, with the added benefit of the massive visibility its e-commerce platform offers.
Anurag Saran, Chief Product Officer, Quikr, said, "Historcially, these transactions have been limited by where and when a buyer and seller could meet, exchange products and money. Intercity takes this smarter solution and amplifies it exponentially by bringing cross-country supply to buyers and demand to sellers."
According to Quikr, 30 per cent of used mobile sales on its platform are already happening between cities. Apart from mobiles, the company is also seeing demand for shipping fashion, electronic accessories and collectibles across cities.
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.
GROW YOUR BRAND FRANCHISE >> REGISTER NOW!
- Trek Bicycle to strengthen Retail Presence In North India
- Shoppers Stop To Exclusively Sell Chennai Super Kings Merchandise
- Amazon India CTO Dale Vaz Quits, Likely to Join Swiggy
- PE Firm L Catterton Invests Rs 170 Cr in Future Lifestyle Fashion
- Tissot announces Virat Kohli as brand Ambassador to launch its New Boutique
- Myntra To Launch Its Exclusive Red Carpet Line
- Coffee Day Enterprises Net Profit Rises 36 pc at Rs 34.5 Cr In Q4
- Cricketer DJ Bravo brings his apparel brand to India
- Digit Insurer To Cover Mobiles, Partners With E-tail Biggies
- PAYBACK India elevates Rijish Raghavan as New COO